Life has been really quite busy lately, but here are some updates...
Jase's airsoft business is going strong and he is loving it, especially the fact that he gets paid to play and be a kid. Kriton is doing great, getting bigger every day! Although he is a little trouble maker sometimes, we still love him! Turbo is also doing wonderfully, all 100 lbs of him :)
I am super busy lately with work, tutoring, and the independent study classes I am taking. I'm taking a few classes prepping to hopefully get into PA school. Yes, that's right, I did not get into med school. But I have been thinking that maybe there is a good reason for that, that the lifestyle of a doctor wouldn't be right for me. I have been talking to my dad and Matt and PA (physician assistant) school looks really appealing, actually better than med school for my situation. It's only two years long instead of four with no residency, and the schedule of a PA is much better to have a family. My dad says too that PA's are in really high demand now. I won't be making quite as much money, but that isn't really a big concern of mine. I just wish I had decided all this before I took the MCAT :). What I really nee to do now is find myself a part time health care job that I can get experience, cuz most programs require at least some experience to get accepted. I have applied to a few CNA jobs around here, we'll see if I get anyone calling me back. If anyone knows of any jobs, let me know! It has to be a part time evening/weekend gig, cuz I don't want to leave my job right now, we can't afford that drop in pay, and I like my job that I get to sit around all day and do homework :). I'm hoping to start really soon, cuz I want to get my applications in ASAP.
Oh, in other news, we're getting a kitten! My cousin's cat had kittens and so I get to have one when they're old enough. I picked out ours already. She's black with white feet, belly, and face. She's so cute! She fits into the palm of my hand right now. I'll try to post pics later on, I don't have them onto my computer yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey so why dont you try to apply for like a unit secretary position, I know they have those part time. You could work at a hospital or a doctors office. Pretty much you take the charts, and read the doctors orders, and implement them in the computer. It is really great practice for how to read doctors orders, and to be in a medical setting, you might like that better than giving people baths all day! Look in to it! I think you would be great at it! And you could wear some cute scrubs! I bet Matt is excited that you are getting another Kitty! YAY!
Yeah, I don't know if they have evening shifts doing that, since
I can't afford to leave my current job I have to do something after 5. But I'll look into it!
Matt actually isn't living with us anymore, he moved in with our aunt and took dora with him. But I'm sure he'll like our kitty too! Anyway, thanks for the great idea!
YAY for kittens! I'd tell you to apply where I work, but the shifts are 2-10 then 10-6 (overnight). So i guess that doesn't really work with your schedule. But finding a job in healthcare really will probably be helpful. I agree that PA is probably smarter than being a dr. Good choice! :)
You should try at the hospital, like Kari said. I'm sure you could find something. They have all sorts of weird shifts for health unit coordinators.
Post a Comment