So I realized it has been many months since my last blog, and there has been a lot that has happened between then and now. and since I have 2 tests next week, I figure this is as good as any way to procrastinate the studying more.
We moved down to Lubbock, TX in the middle of July and I started school at the beginning of August. Our school uses a block system, so we have one class at a time that is very intense. We started out with Anatomy, which was tough, but I already knew a lot of it from the anatomy class I took at UVU last year. That really helped me out, since I found out that I was pregnant a third of the way through. The morning sickness was terrible throughout the rest of anatomy, which pretty muched killed any chance I had at doing well since most of our learning time was spent in the lab, the smell of which made me constantly sick. However, I still passed, with a relatively high grade for passing. I had hoped to honor, but I am happy with my passing grade. After anatomy, it was on to Biology of Cells and Tissues. This class has made anatomy look like a cakewalk. It is pretty much biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, and histology all rolled into one 9 week class. Think about taking an entire year of biochemistry and consolidating it into a week and a half, and that is how this class is. I have my 3rd unit test for this next tuesday, and then the comprehensive final on thursday. Our third unit was mostly histology with some cell biology, which isn't nearly as hard as the biochemistry weeks, so I hope to do well on this test. I can't wait for Christmas break, it'll be the longest break I have had from work/school since I graduated from college :)
Outside of school there hasn't been much going on. I've made a few good friends in my class that we go out with occasionally, although not as much as anyone would like because of school. Jase has been having a blast with his airsofting, he found a bunch of guys down here that like to play. He has been selling a bunch of guns down here and upgrading a lot of others, so that keeps him busy.
As I mentioned before, we found out I was pregnant in September, right after my first anatomy test. Our original calculations put my due date as April 12, but the ultrasound we had said it would be May 4. So our due date is pretty tentative, but it's probably closer to the May date than the April. We have our second ultrasound on Thursday right before my final, and hopefully at that one the baby will cooperate more and we can see if it is a boy or a girl. Jase really wants a boy, but I just want it to be healthy. For the most part I have been feeling fine, especially since the morning sickness ended, which conveniently was within about a week after anatomy was over. Since then, nothing much has changed. I lost a lot of weight during the first trimester, but I am gaining it back now. My scale at home is broken, which is probably good since that means I'm not constantly weighing myself, but I can definitely tell I'm getting bigger. I can't fit into any of my normal pants anymore, but I have discovered that maternity pants are comfy. Between my one pair of maternity jeans and my scrubs, I'm still set for a while. Good thing I'm in med school, cuz scrubs don't look nearly as weird here as in other places. The baby has started to noticably move, which is really cool and really annoying at the same time. I like being able to know that it is ok and actually there, not just in my imagination. But it tends to move the most at night, exactly when I am trying to sleep. So it keeps me awake and kicks me all night and I end up ehausted in the morning, when it stops. Of course at that point I have to go to school so I can't sleep. Tons of fun! I guess I need to get used to the sleep deprivation anyway, since it'll only get worse.
Well, I think that is about it for now, hopefully I'll remember/ have time to keep this updated more often!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. That whole anatomy/being pregnant thing sounds REALLY familiar. :) I laughed that you actually updated this. I thought you were just kidding. But yay!
Post a Comment