Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wow, I am terrible at this whole updating thing. Anyway, here goes...

4th of July weekend I went home to shadow some PA's my dad set me up with. That was cool, although I am leaning more toward being an MD instead after that. But we'll see what happens, I am applying to both so I'll go wherever I get in!

Lake Powell was fun, Kriton had a blast, pictures will maybe come later if I ever update this at home instead of at work :)

Breaking Dawn FINALLY came out! I bought it saturday at around 2, didn't start reading till about 4, and finished by about 4 AM. I would have finished faster but I still had wifey responsibilities to take care of, and lexa would not let me read in peace, she kept attacking my book like" look at meeee!!!! Stop reading!!!! I want attention!!!!" It was cute but annoying. Anyway, I think I am among the minority of people who actually enjoyed this book. I won't go into any more details unless asked, I don't want to spoil this for anyone :). Let's just say that I really enjoyed it, although it had a much different feel than the first three, and leave it at that.

Finally, I had a Medical School interview yesterday!!!! I was soooo excited to get it because it was the first interview session of the season, so I assume that means they liked me! It was at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (it's a mouthful isnt it?) I left Sunday Morning about an hour after I finished Breaking Dawn :) and got back last night pretty late. Needless to say, I am pretty exhausted. It was cool though, because there were 3 other interviewees there from BYU, and we were the only ones there not from Texas! I thought that was really cool. It was also cool that two of them had the same flight as me from San Antonio to Phoenix afterwards, and one had the same one to Salt Lake as well. It was nice to have someone I knew on the plane to talk to. Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for me!

So that's pretty much all the exciting points of my life recently, hopefully I'll have more news soon about interviews and stuff!

3 comments:

Jen said...

*crosses fingers and toes*

I really liked Breaking Dawn too. There were some parts in it that bugged me, but I wasn't disappointed overall.

Natalie said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

Kari said...

Congrats on your interviews Natalie! I am so happy for you, I will pray for you and keep my fingers crossed, hopefully that will help! :) Good to hear that all is well with your family!