Wow, I just realized that it has been 6 months since I updated this blog. I suck at it, and it is only going to get worse, because (drum roll please)...
I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!
Yes, that's right, after 3 years of trying, I have finally done it. I will be attending A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA), a newer medical school with a very inovative curriculum. From their website:
"SOMA has adopted a clinical presentation or scheme presentation model that serves as the foundation of its curriculum. This model is based on the various ways patients present to physicians. Collectively, the clinical presentations represent common patient complaints (e.g., headache, abdominal pain), abnormalities of physical examination (e.g., systolic heart murmur), or abnormalities of commonly ordered laboratory studies, (e.g., anemia, hypocalcemia). Altogether, there are approximately 120 +/- 5 presentations that comprise the SOMA curriculum. The presentations serve as a starting point for the generation of relevant curricular content."
I think this is an awesome way to go about this, since it will make it much easier to apply our education to practice. And I am not very worried about the newness of the school, since it was established as a branch of ATSU-KCOM, the founding school of osteopathic medicine, so they have had plenty of experience doing this. So I'll be spending my first year in Mesa, AZ, then they will be shipping us off to one of 11 community health centers all over the country to do years 2-4. I am sooooo excited about this!!!!!! Can you tell? I start July 20, so it's going to be a busy few months, what with moving, tryin to sell the house, and finding Jase a new job down there.
Other than that, life has been pretty much business as usual! I really will try to keep up on this better, but no promises!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness NATALIE! I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! You have worked so hard, and you deserve this! I'm sad that you will be moving further away, and I'm sure life will be busy in the next couple of years, but it will be so worth it and you deserve it so much! I love you and I am sooo happy for you! Come to Colorado and we will have a P-A-R-T-Y!
congrats Natalie!! Enjoy AZ! I will miss you!
Post a Comment