So we are trying to get some projects done on our house that are long overdue, namely rebuilding the deck and retiling the kitchen and dining room. We pulled down the old deck a few weeks ago, with the intention of getting it done within a couple weeks. Things were going great until it started raining. Every one of our days off. We have finally gotten to the point where we have the base framed again and stained, but every time we plan on working on the rest of it it starts raining. Except today. Today it decided to snow. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except that we have to stain the wood before we build, and we can't stain it when it is wet (it would kind of defeat the purpose of the water sealant). So yesterday, when I found out it was going to snow today, I decided that I would start ripping out the kitchen tile instead. Well, after 5 hours of work yesterday and today, I am about 1/3rd of the way through the kitchen. I plan on finishing ripping up the kitchen this weekend while Jase is out of town and then hopefully getting started on putting down the tile in there. We got our house rented out starting in August so we definitely need to get all of this done by then, but I am hoping to get the tile stuff done by next weekend (the weekend of the 25th). We'll see how that goes.
I get my new computer for school soon, it's a sexy tablet computer that we are all required to get. It's pretty much a laptop but the screen can turn around and fold down and it has a stylus you can write on it with, so it's like a 160 GB notepad. Other than that cool feature and the fingerprint scanner (why we need that, I don't know), it is pretty much just a normal laptop for a ridiculous price. Oh well.
For anyone that hasn't heard yet, my bro is getting married! I'm excited to not be the only married kid in the family anymore. He gets married May 16. I got to watch him propose (aong with a couple thousand other people) while his band was performing at Fiesta, a spanish program at BYU. It was pretty cool.
We got a new guy at work since the only two microbiologists (me and Asher) are leaving for medical school in the fall. He's interesting to say the least, but it's kind of fun to debate with him since he is pretty much polar opposite in many of his beliefs from me on topics such as evolution (which he is very opinionated about and brings up at every break in conversation, yet he doesn't know much about it, so I think it's really funny.) The annoying thing about him is that he never stops talking. NEVER. Asher has not had a headache in years, up until the day that the new guy started, if that's any indication. And it's not only that, but he practically yells whenever he talks. So we have to yell to talk over him to talk to each other. Very annoying. Hopefully I'll get used to it, but if not, I only have to tolerate it for 87 more days (which includes weekends, days off, and holidays, so actually not even that much!) I think I can survive it knowing that.
That is pretty much my month in a nutshell, pretty exciting huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Nanners! I STILL cant believe you're heading off to AZ for med school. Soooo exciting!! Maybe I'll get to see you next month...I may be in Utah in May....depending! LOVE!!!!
Post a Comment